The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I have never seen the tv show this movie is based on. I had heard of it, but that was it. I wanted to see the movie because the trailers made it look it was going to be fun. It kind of was and kind of wasn't.

The plot is fairly easy to follow, but kind of hard to explain. Superman and the Lone Ranger team up with the sexy A.I robot from Ex Machina to stop some guy from detonating a nuclear warhead.

That is the gist of the movie. Plot doesn't really matter here. style does. The movie is all about style. Superman wears really nice suits and exudes cool. The Lone Ranger wears nice clothes but is hothead and will fight anyone, anywhere. Ex Machina has a hidden agenda that is, well, hidden. We know what it is because we have seen countless spy movies, but the movie has to play it off like it is something relatively new. Oh, and she wears different dresses throughout the movie.

I really wanted to like this movie. I liked the tone and the direction from Guy Richie and the actors do a good job at not being annoying, but there is something that doesn't go over with me. Frankly, I was a little bit bored with the movie. Stuff is happening on the screen and people were talking, but I would find myself looking at my watch or out the window. The movie doesn't do anything to differentiate itself from the countless other spy movies out there. Even though the filmmakers said that they kept it in the 60's because they wanted it to stand out, it ends up becoming a spy movie that seems to have come from the 60's only with a modern filmmaking style to it.

In the end The Man from U.N.C.L.E. is a fairly entertaining spy movie that can be enjoyed on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

No likes

Post a Comment

0 Comments